Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sam Sam is offline

Default Distorted display in spreadsheet apps

A recent issue (2 or 3 months) has become a real nuisance. In several
spreadsheet apps I have designed, when data is entered into a cell on a
worksheet, the display is distorted with a row from the 1st two worksheets.
If I scroll out of range and return or if I deselect the sheet and come back
to it the display returns to normal. This is happening to dozens of other
users as well in multiple locations in my company. My IT dept says this could
not have resulted from any network change. I have been designing these apps
for many years but this distortion has only recently occured. The issue
occurs with version 2003 as well as 2007. I would attribute it to
insufficient memory but I am running 3.5 GB of RAM.

All incidents occur in apps with vba programming. It doesn't matter whether
I require variable declaration or not.

Has anyone ever encountered this or have any idea what might be causing it.
Sometimes we have to scroll out of view with each data entry. Any advice
would be greatly appreciated.

Sam
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There were a couple of Windows Updates on November 10th, 2009 that caused
these visual problems.

KB973593 for 2007 and KB973475 for 2003

I believe there have been patches issued for these.

I simply uninstalled these updates so have not bothered to look for patches.

But I have seen this from Peter Thornton..............

978522 Description of the Office Excel 2007 hotfix package
(Excel-x-none.msp, Xlconv-x-none.msp): December 23, 2009

I have to say the KB numbering and titles are extremely confusing, it's not
immediately apparent that this relates to KB973593. But the connection is
"MS09-067".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP