Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default record sheet row order, then restore to that point

There is the ability to undo a sort so I suspect the information I
want is somewhere. Is there a way to take a "snap shot" of a sheet's
current row order, and then restore that row order at any point in the
future? During sheet processing, rows will not be added, but data in
any cell may change.

The only other way I can think of doing this, is to record the order
of some "signature" column and then use it to re-write the processed
sheet to a scratch sheet.

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Add a new column before you do the 1st sort with number 1 to last row.
then sor tby the new column when you want to restore the data. You can
use the =ROW() function and copy down the column as a quick method of
getting the numbers in the new column. Then use PasteSpecial - Values
to convert the formula to numbers before you sort.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

Excel Live Chat

'Trick' to restore original sort order after data modified? L Welker Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 April 3rd 23 04:17 PM
Few rows on my excell sheet have shifted down. How can I restore? RebecaMelanie Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 March 4th 09 08:04 PM
restore sheet jez Excel Programming 2 November 30th 08 08:43 AM
Duplicate sheet, autonumber sheet, record data on another sheet des-sa[_2_] Excel Worksheet Functions 0 May 8th 08 06:56 PM
how to restore the original data order Ms Spider Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 October 23rd 07 09:15 PM