Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Filter/Display only certain rows of information based on a user na

Good Morning,

I have a spreadsheet that contains a list of employee names (In Column "A")
and information across a row related to them....Each employee is under 1 of 4
managers and what I need to do is have a way for the manager to log into the
spreadsheet and only display the employees that is under them.

Thank you in advance for your help,
George
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is the exclusivity down to confidential data or is it just to make it easy
for the Managers to see their own staff?

Is there a column that contains the Manager's name?

If so and if confidential matter is not a problem then a simple filter will
do it.
--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

"George" wrote:

Good Morning,

I have a spreadsheet that contains a list of employee names (In Column "A")
and information across a row related to them....Each employee is under 1 of 4
managers and what I need to do is have a way for the manager to log into the
spreadsheet and only display the employees that is under them.

Thank you in advance for your help,
George

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Filter/Display only certain rows of information based on a use

Hi Russell,

Thanks for your response and to answer your questions, It is to protect
other's seeing confidential data and currently I do not have a column with
the Manager's names. Any suggestions you might have on how to relate manager
to employees would be great also.