Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Entering Values in a Single Cell to Update Next Empty Cell in a Ra

I would appreciate help with a macro or function to accomplish the following:

I would like to enter values in a single "data entry" cell and have it
update
the next consecutive empty cell in a cell range. For example, cell j29 is the
data entry cell:

Each time I enter a value in j29, the next empty cell in range b139 through
b150 will update. And each value that populates in b139:b150 should be
frozen to a "value". I am thinking I have to include a
"edit-copy-edit-paste special- values" macro to freeze every entry after
it places.

Every time I enter a value in j29 the below range should update. Your input
on how
to do this will be appreciated.

139 55
140 84
141 73
142 12
143 22
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What are you wanting to put in range B139:B150? Are you wanting to put the
value you entered in J29 in the next availabe cell in B139:B150? If so, what
happens when B139:B150 gets full?

--
Cheers,
Ryan

"Stilltrader47" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Entering Values in a Single Cell to Update Next Empty Cell in

Thanks Ryan:

For example, I'll enter 55 in j29, and it posts to b139. Then when I enter
84 in j29, it posts to b140, and so on. I will eventually purge the values
entered in b139:b150, some time after the value for b150 is entered and
posted.

Thanks for reviewing and your advicce - Tom

"Stilltrader47" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom,

Insert this event code in the codesheet for your input sheet:

Dim DestCell As Range
If Target.Address = "$J$29" Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Range("B139").Value = "" Then
Range("B139") = Range("J29").Value
Else
Set DestCell = Range("B151").End(xlUp).Offset(1)
If DestCell.Row <= 150 Then
DestCell = Target.Value
Else
msg = MsgBox("Range B139:B150 is full!", vbExclamation +
vbOKOnly)
Application.EnableEvents = True

Per

"Stilltrader47" skrev i