Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Force PasteSpecialValues in Excel 2007

There was a very nice piece of code written by Aaron Bush (Oorang on MrExcel)
in 2007 which disabled cut and copy execution in excel, forcing the copy to
copy only values but maintaining the ability to undo
(http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=957). Unfortunately, this
code fails in several ways in Excel 2007.

1/ It does not disable ribbon cut/copy/paste features
2/ Paste still functions normally when using <enter to paste the previously
copied cell
3/ If you are copying from a locked cell in a protected sheet, the code
generates a 1004 error (though the paste special still works) and the undo
option is no longer available.

This does seem to be a decent attempt to disable paste but preserve all the
other functionality but I am afraid I have not really managed to get it
working properly in Excel 2007. Has anyone been able so to do - or found
alternative code compatible with Office 2007 that still preserved undo etc?

Any help, as always, very gratefully received...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pity that there is o response. This seems tobe a feature that is wanted quite
frequently (forcing all paste options to paste values only)... And anyway, I
thoought as a technet subscirber, I was guarnteed a response within 2 days...
Best wishes, Boris.