Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MS Excel Automation - Checking if a record in Access is locked

Hello,

I'm writing some code in excel that takes information on a spreadsheet and
writes to a table in Access. Basically, this takes information from two
columns in a row and finds a match in the Access table. From there it updates
information on that record with information from the other columns. Is there
anyway for the code to detect whether that record is locked prior to trying
to update that record? If so, if I was the user who had it locked and I tried
to run this macro from Excel, is there a way I can move the record out of
edit status?