Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PO PO is offline

Default Cell ID property

Excel 2003, sp2

Hi,

I'm using an add-in to retrieve data from a webservice. The data is "looped"
into a table in a worksheet. Typicaly the webservice returns 200 records.
I would like to store each records ROWSTAMP in column A so that the add-in
can retrieve additional information about that record if the user needs it
(and display the additional information in a msgbox). I do not however want
the rowstamp id to be displayed to the user.

Since the workbook already heavyly relies on ranged names I do not want to
use 200 additional range names to store this type of information. I'd also
rather not use a hiden column or cell comment, the cell.id property seems
like a much "cleaner" way to store this information as it is invisible to
the user.

The workbook will never be saved as a webpage. Are there any drawbacks using
the ID property in this way?

Regards
Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PO PO is offline

Too bad. Being able to save the rowstamp between sessions is critical. Is
there another way, besides using named ranges, hiden columns or comments to
store the rowstamp value?

Regards
Pete

"PO" <h wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What about an xlVeryHidden sheet.
Bearing in mind nothing in Excel can be completely hidden from the
experienced user, maybe you can obfuscate your data.
You say you have an addin, you could save the data on a sheet in your own
addin
Save the data to a text file

Regards,
Peter T