Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default counting values in a column

I have a column with values ranging from 1 to 85. I need to count
occurrences of the values and put them in another spreadsheet. For instance
column c has the values 1,4,25,2,35,65,1,35,70,25,25 and I want to put in the
other spreadsheet the values as Column A Column B
1 2
2 1
4 1
25 3
35 2
65 1
70 1
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do an Excel Help search for 'advanced filter unique values'. That will show
you how to filter your initial list to leave only unique values behind. You
can even copy that to some other location in the process.

Then unfilter your list.

Go to the copy of the unique values and in the cell beside the first entry
(I'll assume that's in A2 on some sheet somewhere) so in B2, put a formula
like:
=COUNTIF('Original List Sheet Name'!A$2:A$12,A2)
and fill the formula to the end of the list of unique entries. In the
formula above, change A$2:A$12 to refere to the rows that your original list
occupies.