Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default change color if more than a year old

Hi All, what is the easiest way to accomplish this? Basically if a date is
more than a year old, i want it bolded and red.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assuming the cell(s) actually have a date in them and not plain text, use
Conditional Formatting. Select the cells then Format--Conditional
Formating...
use the 'Cell Value Is' option along with "less than" and enter
Now()-365 into the 3rd entry area. Click [Format...] and set the font
properties to Bold and Red.

"Steph" wrote:

Hi All, what is the easiest way to accomplish this? Basically if a date is
more than a year old, i want it bolded and red.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That can be done in conditional formatting, use this formula but adjust
the cell address

=$A$1<TODAY()-365

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com)
Simon Lloyd's Profile: 1
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=179376

Microsoft Office Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Oddly, the formula I came up with didn't work! I had to change the formula to:

DATE(YEAR(NOW()),MONTH(NOW()),DAY(NOW()))-365
to get it to act properly in the conditional formatting.

"Steph" wrote:

Hi All, what is the easiest way to accomplish this? Basically if a date is
more than a year old, i want it bolded and red.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

actually, now that I checked it, it's not working for me either way! It
stays red and bold regardless of date.

Thanks for any help.

"Steph" wrote:

Hi All, what is the easiest way to accomplish this? Basically if a date is
more than a year old, i want it bolded and red.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Another one

In A1 enter