Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XL03: Avoid "workbook contains links" msg when opening

'Open workbook
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Set twb = Workbooks.Open(FileName:=MyFullFilePath, ReadOnly:=True)
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

When my target workbook contains links, I still get a warning pop-up asking
if links should be updated, even with displayalerts = False.

So I changed the open statement to:
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Set twb = Workbooks.Open(FileName:=MyFullFilePath, UpdateLinks:=False,
ReadOnly:=True)
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

It bypasses that initial warning, but then pops up the filesearch
wizard/userform with the title bar "Update Values: HsTbar.xla" which I'm
guessing is an add-in used by the person providing me the data sheet. This is
not what I'd expect, since I set UpdateLinks = False

I'm just trying to copy the data out of one sheet (format and values, not
formulas or links) but I need to do so in a way that is fully automated (no
user prompts) so that my code can run overnight.

How can I completely bypass the links alerts and just open the file via VBA?

Thank you,
Keith