Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Avoid "update Links" promt in e-mailed pivot tables?

We have pivot table reports that are automatically created by an interface
from another system. The pivot tables and the data are in seperate workbooks.
When the reports are e-mailed a message box pops up stating that the workbook
contains links that cannot be updated, if "continue" is selected, we get the
message that the source data could not be opened. However the pivot table
then opens successfully.
How can we avoid getting these promts when these reports are sent out by
e-mail - we do need the recipient to still be able to use the pivot function
to 'drill down' to the data.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi, Michelle,

since my Excel is not in english, my description will be a little
approximated...

In the menu bar , go to "Edit" "Links..." (? - second last option)
"Initialization prompt" (? - bottom left button) and select the second
option, which will be more or less like "Don't display alert and don't
update links".

Hope it helps...

Regards!

"Michelle B"
We have pivot table reports that are automatically created by an interface
from another system. The pivot tables and the data are in seperate
workbooks.
When the reports are e-mailed a message box pops up stating that the
workbook
contains links that cannot be updated, if "continue" is selected, we get
the
message that the source data could not be opened. However the pivot table
then opens successfully.
How can we avoid getting these promts when these reports are sent out by
e-mail - we do need the recipient to still be able to use the pivot
function
to 'drill down' to the data.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're not sending the raw data, why not just convert those pivottables to
values?

Edit|Copy
edit|paste special|values

If that doesn't get rid of all the links that you want to get rid of, I'd use
Bill Manville's FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

(Do this against a copy of the original workbook--don't destroy your original.)

--

Dave Peterson