Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data mining question

I have a large amount of data that I have dumped into a worksheet. This data
is composed of data such as:

Assembly code AA0
sub code AA1 154.8
sub code AA2 1154.8
sub code AA3 54.8
Assembly code AB0
sub code AB1 2525.0
sub code AB2 25.0

What I would like to do is set up a data mine to find the low time for each
assembly from the subs and give me that low time as a result.

I hope that makes sense. Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You may want to create a new column as (assuming your assembly codes
are consistent):

Assembly code AA0 AA
sub code AA1 154.8 AA
sub code AA2 1154.8 AA
sub code AA3 54.8 AA
Assembly code AB0
sub code AB1 2525.0 AB
sub code AB2 25.0 AB

You can use some text functions to extract this, eg: D2=MID($B2,6,2)
or craft an if statements to update the code whenever 'Assembly' is in
the first col, eg: D2=if($A2="Assembly",$B2,$D1). The later case
requires your data to be sorted correctly.

Then use a pivot table using the new column as a Row descriptor and
the time col as your data field. Change the field type from Sum to
Min.

On Feb 3, 2:43*pm, Flcnmech
wrote:
I have a large amount of data that I have dumped into a worksheet. *This data
is composed of data such as:

Assembly * *code AA0
sub * * * * * *code AA1 * * * *154.8
sub * * * * * *code AA2 * * *1154.8
sub * * * * * *code AA3 * * * * 54.8
Assembly * code AB0
sub * * * * * code AB1 * * * * 2525.0
sub * * * * * code AB2 * * * * * * 25.0

What I would like to do is set up a data mine to find the low time for each
assembly from the subs and give me that low time as a result.

I hope that makes sense. *Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Okay, I think I follow you, but... the Assembly and their codes are not going
to be in the data table... So I think I should go for the first option...
I'll probably be back.

Thank you,

wrote:
I have a large amount of data that I have dumped into a worksheet. This data
is composed of data such as:

Assembly code AA0
sub code AA1 154.8
sub code AA2 1154.8
sub code AA3 54.8
Assembly code AB0
sub code AB1 2525.0
sub code AB2 25.0

What I would like to do is set up a data mine to find the low time for each
assembly from the subs and give me that low time as a result.

I hope that makes sense. Thank you in advance.

.

Macro for Data Mining MLewis123 Excel Programming 6 September 26th 09 02:17 AM
how to create data cubes in data mining using excel 2007? raghavenderkanduri Excel Worksheet Functions 0 August 13th 09 02:29 PM
Need help for data mining johnnyk Excel Worksheet Functions 4 October 24th 08 09:27 PM
Data mining Mike Excel Programming 2 November 30th 07 04:48 PM
Data mining blubyeu Excel Programming 1 April 15th 06 01:21 AM