Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default excel 2010 symbol files PDB

I'm developping an add-in for Excel 2010.
When debugging, I'm notified that the symbol files for EXCEL.EXE cannot be
found (PDB).
Does anyone know how I can obtain these?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is offfice installed on the PC that you are running the application?
Microsoft only allows the Excel Object to run oon PCs where excel is
installed. If you are running on a server you may have problems because
microsoft changes a ton of money for users to install office on a
server. You can still access data files from the server running on a
local PC. One alternative si to have the server run a script on a PC
where excel is iinstalled.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

Microsoft Office Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi joel,
thank you for your feedback.
Excel is installed on the same machine where I develop, and I can perfectly
run the add-in, in debug mode with Visual Studio.
The problem is that I do not have PDB files (or symbol files) for EXCEL.EXE,
which would give me more debugging capabilities.
Normally, these can be obtained from
http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols , but Excel 2010 's symbol files
are not downloaded from that location.

Is anyone aware where these symbol files can be downloaded from?