Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Which control should be used for my new table

I'm asking this question here since there is a lot of activity and want
and answer swoon. It is a C# question about tables

I'm using Visual Studio Express programming in C#. I developing a
Control Panel where I have a form with a Listbox some buttons and a
table. Not sure which control I should use for the table. Here are my
requirements for the table

1) The table will have 8+ columns. The number of columns
will never change
2) There wil be a variable number of rows less than 200 rows.
3) No user inputs will be text input. Either the cells will be output
of the program or the user will choose a pull-down list or equivalent
type list.
4) Each column will may have different groups of selections in the
pull-down based on the data in other columns.
5) Need to be able to change background color of cells to either Green
or Gray.
I'm not sure if the solution will be a form or a web application. I was
thinking about using a spread sheet since I know excel very well but I
don't need a huge amount of cells and don't want to use more memory than
necessary. Somebody suggested a Grid view Control but I don't think I
can put a drop down list into the control.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

Microsoft Office Help