Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Error generating a list of unique values in range (XL2003)

Hi all-

I am using the code below to generate a list of unique values from a large
worksheet; those unique values will then feed an autofilter so I can grab
each chunk of data for processing individually.

p=58751 'last row that contains data
Sheet2.Range("B1:B" & p).AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy,
CopyToRange:=Sheet1.Range("D1"), Unique:=True

I've used similar code (different ranges) to generate unique lists in other
projects.

However, in this case I'm getting a 1004 error: "The extract range has a
missing or illegal field name."

Sheet2 cell B1 contains "displayname" and all the values underneath appear
to be regular strings (I didn't see any error values or anything like that-
this is a dump of our IT network bandwidth monitoring software).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Keith
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Keith

The problem is that Advanced filter does not allow you to copy to another
sheet....

But if you use a named range as reference you can do it anyway:

Name cell D1 on sheet1 as DestRange, and use this:

....CopyToRange=Range("DestRangen") ....

Regards,
Per

"ker_01" skrev i meddelelsen
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How very strange; when I change the destination range to D2, it works fine
even if there is already data there. It just didn't like the destination D1,
which I had previously used while testing and still had the column header
(first unique returned value) in it.

I think I'm good to go, but that made no sense at all.

Keith