Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default calling a macro within an excel formula

Is it possible to call a macro from within and excel 2003 If statement as
follows:

=If(IF(M2 <=LASTSN,copymacro[then i want to call a print macro and move down
a row and repeat this formula for M3, until M# is no longer <= LASTSN)

I have been unsuccessfully trying to find and modify macros that others used
to create sequential serial numbers for a week now, and have not yet got them
to work; probably because I have never worked with Visual Basic before and do
not really understand its syntax.

--
rahne059
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Addon - here is the partial macro i wrote so far:

Sub copypaste()
'
' copypaste Macro
' Macro recorded 1/15/2010 by rstembler
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+a
'
Range("M2").Select
Selection.Copy
ActiveWindow.LargeScroll ToRight:=-1
Range("D5").Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Sheets(Array("Layup Worksheet Pg1 ", "Layup Worksheet Pg2", "Layup
Worksheet Pg3" _
)).Select
Sheets("Layup Worksheet Pg1 ").Activate
Application.CutCopyMode = False
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
ActiveWindow.LargeScroll ToRight:=1

AT THIS POINT IT NEEDS TO ROLL BACK TO THE IF STATEMENT AND THEN CONTINUE TO
CHANGE RANGES AND LOOP UNTIL M# LASTSN

Range("M3").Select
Selection.Copy
ActiveWindow.LargeScroll ToRight:=-1
Range("D5").Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
End Sub

I USED TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS ON A WANG ALL-IN-ONE MAINFRAME COMPUTER, BUT
OBVIOUSLY VISUAL BASIC USES DIFFERENT RULES.
--
rahne059

"rahne059" wrote:

Is it possible to call a macro from within and excel 2003 If statement as
follows:

=If(IF(M2 <=LASTSN,copymacro[then i want to call a print macro and move down
a row and repeat this formula for M3, until M# is no longer <= LASTSN)

I have been unsuccessfully trying to find and modify macros that others used
to create sequential serial numbers for a week now, and have not yet got them
to work; probably because I have never worked with Visual Basic before and do
not really understand its syntax.

--
rahne059

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nope.

You can use a user defined function in that formula, but (almost) all that it
can do is return a value to the cell that contains that function/formula.

Maybe you can add a button from the Forms toolbar and assign your macro to
that. Then tell the user to hit the button to run the macro when they need it.

rahne059 wrote:

Is it possible to call a macro from within and excel 2003 If statement as
follows:

=If(IF(M2 <=LASTSN,copymacro[then i want to call a print macro and move down
a row and repeat this formula for M3, until M# is no longer <= LASTSN)

I have been unsuccessfully trying to find and modify macros that others used
to create sequential serial numbers for a week now, and have not yet got them
to work; probably because I have never worked with Visual Basic before and do
not really understand its syntax.

--
rahne059

--