Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2002, VBA, macros and Windows 7

I purchased a new computer several days ago. It uses Windows 7. My old
computer ran Windows XP and Office 2002.

I transferred all my data files from the old computer to the new one.

When I opened an excel workbook which contains a macro with some VBA coding,
a message was displayed that the workbook had lost its VBA Project and other
programmability controls. I also have other workbooks which use macros.

Can someone please advise me what I have to do to access the macro under
Windows 7.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It depends.
The answer might be that you don't have to do anything or you need to do a
lot of things.

What are your macro is generally doing? Basicaly it works the same on
different versions of windows for the same version of office.

But different version of offices work really differently.

"Gilnockie" wrote:

I purchased a new computer several days ago. It uses Windows 7. My old
computer ran Windows XP and Office 2002.

I transferred all my data files from the old computer to the new one.

When I opened an excel workbook which contains a macro with some VBA coding,
a message was displayed that the workbook had lost its VBA Project and other
programmability controls. I also have other workbooks which use macros.

Can someone please advise me what I have to do to access the macro under
Windows 7.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The difference between 2002/XP and windows 7 is the default size of a
memory location. 2002/XP used 32 bit and Windows 7 uses 64 bit. In XP
there was a forlder under windows c:\windows\system32 which had all the
32 bit dynamic libraries. Windows 7 is trying to eliminate the older 32
bit libraries.

I suspect there are ways of turning the older libraries back on. In
the worksheet check that the Analysis Toopak and the Analysis toolpak
VBA are turned on. In VBA make sure these 4 references are enabled in
the VBAmenu Tools - References

1) Visual basic for Applications
2) Microsoft Excel XX.X object library
3) OLE automation
4) Microsoft Office XX.X Object Library

One or more of these libaries may be pointing to the wrong file and you
may have to Browse and find the correct file. You may have additional
referenced library files that also need to be fixed.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

Microsoft Office Help