Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open UserForm From A Different Workbook

Greetings,

I have two workbooks,Workbook1 (The customer list) and Workbook2 (a
monthly data history, over a hundred and growing). At this time the
UserForm's and Module1's in each Workbook2 are all identical. The
opening code will load a Workbook1 automatically with each Workbook2
that I open.

Problem: Every time I update the code in any workvook2, I have to
export the RecordForm and/or the Moduke1, go into every workbook2's
code section and delete it's current RecordForm and/or Module1 and
then import the updated RecordForm and/or Module1. This is taking a
lot of time since there are a lot of updates (this is still a work in
progress).

Question: Is there any way to update all of Workbook2's
automatically? If not, is there a way to put the RecordForm (UserForm
and code) and Module1 in Workbook1 (which is always open if any
Workbook2 is open)? And if these are not possible, does anyone have
any suggestion as to where to look?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Minitman
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is the recordform just a userform?

Maybe you can separate all the code (userform and module1's) into a 3rd
workbook. Make this new code only workbook an addin.

Tell the users that they have to load the addin to make any substantial changes.

Heck, maybe the customer list could be included with the addin--I'm not sure how
you use it. So you'd only need 2 workbooks--the macro workbook and the data
workbook.

But after you've separated the code from the workbook, you'll have to give the
users a way to run your macros (get to the userform for instance).

Saved from a previous post:

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

In xl2007, those toolbars and menu modifications will show up under the addins.

And if you use xl2007:

If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's
site:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
addin)
or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I like the direction it is going, I'm just not
too sure how to get there.

I am still using Office 2003 on an XP box.

Yes. A "RecordForm" is what vba project calls a UserForm.

I will experiment with this idea this weekend and write back on Monday
how it went. This will be an interesting weekend. (LORD, save us
from interesting times) :^)

Minitman wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey Dave,

Slight correction - "RecordForm" is the name of the UserForm. (Don't
you just hate growing old!!!)

I tried to put the Module1 & RecordForm into WkBk2 and then access
them from WkBk1 but no luck! :^(

Any chance you could post a few samples of possible ways it could be
done?

Any help is appreciated.

-Minitman