Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multiply cells and format to currency in text format

Hi,

I have 2 cells which I wish to multiply, and have the result be formatted in
text with the 2 decimal places.

3 x 1.55 = 4.65
2 x 4 = 8.00

This is going to be used with a program which requires it to be numbers
stored as text. Just basic cell formatting doesn't work.

Can some one please help?

Cheers
--
Paul Wilson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 16:43:02 -0800, Paul Wilson
wrote:

Hi,

I have 2 cells which I wish to multiply, and have the result be formatted in
text with the 2 decimal places.

3 x 1.55 = 4.65
2 x 4 = 8.00

This is going to be used with a program which requires it to be numbers
stored as text. Just basic cell formatting doesn't work.

Can some one please help?

Cheers

=TEXT(3*1.55,"$#,##0.00")
--ron