Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Convert uppercase to lowercase

Does anyone have a bit of code to convert a file of conatcts all in
UPPERCASE to Lower Case?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mervyn Thomas;593677 Wrote:
Does anyone have a bit of code to convert a file of conatcts all in
UPPERCASE to Lower Case?

Code:
--------------------
For each cll in selection.cells
cll.value = lcase(cll.value)' either this line or the next
'cll.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.Proper(cll.Value)
next cll
--------------------

--
p45cal

*p45cal*
p45cal's Profile: 558
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=164484

Microsoft Office Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub dk()
Dim nm As Range
For Each nm In Range("A2:A25") 'substitute actual range
nm = StrConv(nm.Value, vbProperCase)
Next

End Sub

"Mervyn Thomas" wrote in message
Does anyone have a bit of code to convert a file of conatcts all in
UPPERCASE to Lower Case?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use the LCase Function.

LCase("Your String Here")

Hope this helps! IF so, let me know, click "YES" below.
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"Mervyn Thomas" wrote:

Does anyone have a bit of code to convert a file of conatcts all in
UPPERCASE to Lower Case?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Lower Case" looks like Proper Case to me.

You choose.................

Sub Lower()
Dim Cell As Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each Cell In Selection
Cell.Formula = LCase(Cell.Formula)
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Sub Proper()
Dim Cell As Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each Cell In Selection
Cell.Formula = Application.Proper(Cell.Formula)
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 16:24:00 -0000, "Mervyn Thomas"
wrote:

Does anyone have a bit of code to convert a file of conatcts all in
UPPERCASE to Lower Case?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub lowerCase()
Dim r As Long
r = 1
Do While Len(Range("A" & r).Formula) 0
' repeat until first empty cell in column A
With Range("A" & r)
.Value = LCase(.Value)
End With
r = r + 1 ' next row
Loop
End Sub

"Mervyn Thomas" wrote:

Does anyone have a bit of code to convert a file of conatcts all in
UPPERCASE to Lower Case?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not sure where your range of data you want to change to Lower Case so I
assume it is in Sheet1 in Col. A. Here is some code you can run which will
change all data in Column to lower case. Hope this helps! If so, let me
know, click "YES" below.

Sub ConvertToLowerCase()

Dim rng As Range

With Sheets("Sheet1")
For Each rng In .Range("A1:A" & .Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row)
rng.Value = LCase(rng.Value)
Next rng
End With

Cheers,
Ryan

"Mervyn Thomas" wrote:

Does anyone have a bit of code to convert a file of conatcts all in
UPPERCASE to Lower Case?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

PS with all these methods how do you find in the VB help the various
options in your StrConv(nm.Value, vbProperCase) ? Or is their a decent
manual somwehere? I would much prefer being able to find it myself rather
than bother you guys!
Thanks again!
Mervyn

"JLGWhiz" wrote in message
Sub dk()
Dim nm As Range
For Each nm In Range("A2:A25") 'substitute actual range
nm = Next

End Sub

"Mervyn Thomas" wrote in message
Does anyone have a bit of code to convert a file of conatcts all in
UPPERCASE to Lower Case?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the VBE, you can put your cursor in the word/method you are interested in
learning about and press F1, this will take you directly to the help section
it is in.

I just read some books, check this forum out a lot and you come across a lot
of functions that other people use, then learn about it. It takes time but
you can catch on quickly.
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"JLGWhiz" wrote in message
Sub dk()
Dim nm As Range
For Each nm In Range("A2:A25") 'substitute actual range
nm = Next

End Sub

"Mervyn Thomas" wrote in message
Does anyone have a bit of code to convert a file of conatcts all in
UPPERCASE to Lower Case?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Some of them are difficult to find if you start from scratch. You can find
the options for StrConv by opening VBE Alt + F11 and typing that term in the
VBA help search box. Then select it from the topic listing when it shows.
Or you can do it like Ryan suggests and select it with the mouse, then press
F1 key.

I spent many hours searching the help files when I first began to write
code. I was not aware that the news group existed back then, but it was a
good learning process, because I found many things that I later used, plus
it gave me a broader view of what VBA could do. I am still learning and
find that I have only scratched the surface of VBA capabilities, although I
have written some pretty complex code before. The main thing is to have a
good understanding of the conventions used by the designers of VBA. If you
can get into their heads a little bit, it will help you to find methods and
tools in the VBA help files.