Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dot in function names Dutch Excel

Hi,

I've always, ever since Excel 4.0, wondered how (and why!) but never dared
to ask ...

Some Dutch Excel worksheet functions have a dot in their name (VERT.ZOEKEN -
VLOOKUP).
The Analysis Toolpak functions are loaded with dots (COUP.DAGEN.DB -
COUPDAYBS).

First question:
How can I, for myself, program a function with a dotted name? Not that I'm
glad to do so but I'd like to program look-a-likes for some of these
functions.

Second:
Why ever did MS allow this type of function name?
(Could the programmer, as a reward, please be send to Guantanamo Bay for
ever?)

--
Mvg, Frans
www.fhvzelm.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First question:
How can I, for myself, program a function with a dotted name?

Hi. This may not be what you were looking at.
In Excel VBA help, check out "Type Statement"
This is one way I know of where a 'dot' is used.

ie
MyRecord.ID = 12003

= = = = = = = = = = =
HTH
Dana DeLouis

On 12/19/09 4:53 PM, F.H. van Zelm wrote:
Hi,

I've always, ever since Excel 4.0, wondered how (and why!) but never dared
to ask ...

Some Dutch Excel worksheet functions have a dot in their name (VERT.ZOEKEN -
VLOOKUP).
The Analysis Toolpak functions are loaded with dots (COUP.DAGEN.DB -
COUPDAYBS).

First question:
How can I, for myself, program a function with a dotted name? Not that I'm
glad to do so but I'd like to program look-a-likes for some of these
functions.

Second:
Why ever did MS allow this type of function name?
(Could the programmer, as a reward, please be send to Guantanamo Bay for
ever?)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dana,

Thanks for reading and responding.

MyRecord.Id indeed has a dot in the name.

But ...
Function My.Calculation(InputValue As Integer) As Integer
'All manipulation
End Function
doesn't work because of the dot.

But in the Dutch version of Excel VERT.ZOEKEN (with dot) really works.

Mvg, Frans

"Dana DeLouis" schreef in bericht