Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sorting rows out of order after all rows are numbered in sequence

Data is in 4 columns with Headers described below:
Col A - Line# (rows are numbered in original order in worksheet)
Col B - Acct# (property number)
Col C - Category (code for the type of information in the rows ie: E, V, X, T)
Col D - Label (description of the data or values in the row)

There is one row of Expenses (all begin with "LOE - ") that is numbered out
of sequence from the other "LOE -" items. I need to Move it up with the
other "LOE -" items and if possible Re-sort all the "LOE -" items BUT only
the "LOE -" rows within each Acct#. I tried to Filter on the "E" Category
lines and sort them by Col B and then Col D but it also Sorted all the other
lines. This data is in a report format so all rows above and below the "LOE
-" lines need to remain in order as well. There are numerous rows (approx
150) for each Acct# in Col B and numerous different Acct# in the worksheet.
Without manually cutting and inserting the errant lines, I don't know how
else to do it. Suggestions please.

--
Mickey