Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default automatically Add numbered rows in sequence from a given number

I need to automically add rows to my worksheet. The number of rows will be
derived from a number that is sum by two other numbers inputed into the
sheet. The sum number will dictate how many rows to generate numerically.
Example, so if the two numbers to be sum are 40 + 30 the sum is 70, I need
excel to generate 70 numerical (1-70) rows in a specified column like A20,
how can I produce this in a formula?

Stuck, spinning wheels

MJS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A20 is not a column.

Formulas cannot add rows.

You will need VBA code to add your rows.

Where do you want the rows added and which two cells contain the numbers 40
and 30

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 14:01:01 -0700, Six Sigma Blackbelt
wrote:

I need to automically add rows to my worksheet. The number of rows will be
derived from a number that is sum by two other numbers inputed into the
sheet. The sum number will dictate how many rows to generate numerically.
Example, so if the two numbers to be sum are 40 + 30 the sum is 70, I need
excel to generate 70 numerical (1-70) rows in a specified column like A20,
how can I produce this in a formula?

Stuck, spinning wheels

MJS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default automatically Add numbered rows in sequence from a given numbe

Thanks Gord, your reply has given me a new direction, what I really need is
excel to do, is to insert numerical numbering into the cells starting at A19,
the formula in B15 multiples B9, B10 and B13, so whatever is the sum of B15,
I need Excel to start inserting numbers numerically at cell A19 to whatever
the sum of B15 is, so if B15 is 30, I need 1 thur 30 inserted starting at A19
thru A49. Your reply help me re-state my problem.

So I need to insert numbers, instead of rows.

Thank you Again

wrote:

I need to automically add rows to my worksheet. The number of rows will be
derived from a number that is sum by two other numbers inputed into the
sheet. The sum number will dictate how many rows to generate numerically.
Example, so if the two numbers to be sum are 40 + 30 the sum is 70, I need
excel to generate 70 numerical (1-70) rows in a specified column like A20,
how can I produce this in a formula?

Stuck, spinning wheels

MJS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Six Sigma Blackbelt wrote:
Thanks Gord, your reply has given me a new direction, what I really need is
excel to do, is to insert numerical numbering into the cells starting at A19,
the formula in B15 multiples B9, B10 and B13, so whatever is the sum of B15,
I need Excel to start inserting numbers numerically at cell A19 to whatever
the sum of B15 is, so if B15 is 30, I need 1 thur 30 inserted starting at A19
thru A49. Your reply help me re-state my problem.

So I need to insert numbers, instead of rows.

Thank you Again

In A19 and then copied down as far as necessary:

=IF(ROW()-18<=$B$15,ROW()-18,"")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Gord Dibben wrote:
Good work Glenn