Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sumproduct Question

Can you use sumproduct to return an answer based on what is typed in a cell?
Here is what my spreadsheet looks like.
A B C D E
Load# Dest. Acc. Charge Charge Total Charge
58100 Tampa Stop $50 $1000
58100 Tampa Fuel $100 $1000
58100 Tampa Tarp $50 $1000

I'm trying to pull the individual Acc.Charges based on the Load # I put in
type in a cell on a different sheet. For instance if I want to know the fuel
charge for load #58100 I want the formula to pull $100. Here is the formula
I'm using =SUMPRODUCT((A3:A194=T15)*(C3:C194=FUEL )*D3:D194). T15 is the
cell on the seperate sheet I'm typing the load # in.
Thanks,
TB
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

--Your formula is correct except that if tried from a different sheet (sheet
same as where you sepecify the load number in T15) you will need to specify
the sheet references..

--Since Fuel is a text that shouldbe enclosed in double quotes

=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!A3:A194=T15)*(Sheet1!C3:C194=" FUEL")*
Sheet1!D3:D194)

--
Jacob