Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default New Win7 computer problems

Don,
Have you updated the printer drivers?
How does a worksheet look if the printer is disconnected?
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Don Guillett"
wrote in message ...
Also posted in Lsoft group

I bot a new HP p6240f computer with win 7.
Loaded excel 95, then xl97 then xl2003. Then tried it. There must be
something wrong in Windows or the video card cuz I get narrow columns and
wide rows and misshapen shapes and small fonts in the formula bar. I can
send a screen shot to anyone who may be able to assist.

Normally, when I migrate from one computer to another all I have to do is
adjust the zoom. All programs run fine on my Vista computers. I have tried
the new LG2486L monitor on my notebook and it worked just fine and I tried
an old dell 17" vga monitor on the new win7 computer and got the same bad
result. So it is not the monitor.

I just solved "part" of the problem by changing the new sheet default font
from Arial font (NOT shown) to Arial black. Now, the formula bar text is the
same as the formula for ALL sheets, new and old. Good to know....

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Except for what was on the computer, I didn't have any printers installed.
So, I installed my HP colorlaserjet withOUT connecting and made it the
default. Made no difference.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel