Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Preprend Text Where Cell Not Empty

Good evening

I have a spreadsheet used as a data source for a Word mail merge. The
address data has "address1", "address2", etc. Address2 is used store
apartment or unit numbers, but does not have a text prefix, just the bare
number (Ex. "104"). I want to prepend a "#" before the apartment number (Ex.
"# 104").

I generally get the concept that I want to the select the entire column to
as a range, and increment down the column. However, if the cell is empty (as
would be the case for a house), then we want to skip the cell without
changing the value.

Thanks
Don Lowrey
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming