Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default conditional format code based on lookup from another tab

Hi All,

I'm wondering if it's possible to create vba code using conditional format
principles with the source data on another tab.

I have a separate tab for each store that lists it's personnel and their
ratings. I have then summarised all of this info on another sheet using
vlookup. I would like this final spreadsheet to colour code each cell
according to their rating i.e.

Position Store1 Store2 Store3 etc
Manager Bob (red) Carol (blue) Ted (yellow)
Meat Mgr Alice (blue)
Bakery Mgr

Can I incorporate a vlookup into the sub code or would I have to create a
change criteria for every single column?

--
Tracey @ BrisVegas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Add a conditional format for each use of a colour.
=VLOOKUP(B2, NameColours, 2, FALSE) = "Yellow"

NameColours is a 2 column range:
Bob Red
Carol Blue
Ted Yellow