Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem in Saving the Activeworkbook on a network drive

Hi... thanks for any help concerning that topic...

I am facing a problem with that simple code line
ActiveWorkbook.Save...

But the problem appears only on Network Drives and this
- Only when connected to them through Internet...
- Not when connected directly through a LAN...
as if connection speed would be a problem!

When it fails I receive this message ... is currently in use... Try again...
and on the network drive I can see that a temp file as been created... and
not deleted...

On the other hand, I have no problem to realise the save function by simply
clicking on the save function through the Excel interface...

I have no problem also when I create first a file on this network drive
through a save as... while a save as on an existing file also produce an
error...

Thanks for whom who would have any idea about the problem I am facing

Regards
Alain

PS: my connection is established through a VPN... woud it mean that in such
circumstances, vba would be acting as another user on the same file ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi...

Have done some more tests after spending time (hours!) on the net looking
for such probelm...

The gret news is... that the problem dissapear totaly when I use Excel 2003
and exist when I use Excel 2007 in compatibility mode !!!

I thaught the VPN could be guilty but have now the feeling this is coming
from the Compatibiity mode of Excel... My Excel 2007 is SP1... is it a known
problem and if yes is there a fix ?

I cannot yet decide for all my users to move them to xlsm workbook format,
but if I would do that, have the feeling would be working again... will check
that case later...

Nice if someone could help...
Regards
Alain

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Last verification made... Problem become more clear but still not solved...
Should come from the Excel 2007 compatibility mode...

Facts... ActiveWorkBook.save command lunched in the immediate window on a
file situated on a remote drive (file server)...
- Is Working on an .xls file with Excel 2003
- Is Working on an .xlsm file with Excel 2007
- Is Not Working on an .xls file with Excel 2007 (compatibility mode)

Error returned being
= xxx.xls file already in use. Try again later...

Alain