Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default DateTimePicker

I have datetimepicker controls on my worksheet. They are set to display time
in hh:mm tt format. I've coded the change events to add/subtract an hour
based on going from hh:59 to hh:60 and hh:00 to hh:59. This works fine if
you click on the updown arrow in the spinner portion of the control. But it
doesn't work if you hold down the mouse key. What happens in this case is
the minutes go/up down, but the hour doesn't change. My code so far is as
follows:

Public Time As Date

Private Sub DTPicker1_SD_GotFocus()

Time = DTPicker1_SD.Value

End Sub

Private Sub DTPicker1_SD_Change()

DTPicker1_SD.Value = Validate_Time(DTPicker1_SD)
Time = DTPicker1_SD.Value

End Sub

Private Function Validate_Time(ByRef DTPickerField As DTPicker)

Dim Time_Mn As Integer

Time_Mn = Minute(Time)

If Time_Mn = 0 And DTPickerField.Minute = 59 Then
If DTPickerField.Hour = 0 Then
DTPickerField.Hour = 11
Else
DTPickerField.Hour = DTPickerField.Hour - 1
If Time_Mn = 59 And DTPickerField.Minute = 0 Then
DTPickerField.Hour = DTPickerField.Hour + 1
End If
Set Validate_Time = DTPickerField

End Function

Thanks in advance for any assistance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I tried to putting an Application.EnableEvents = False and an
Applicatoin.EnableEvents = True before and after the code in the Change event
but that didn't make any difference. It almost acts as if its a timing
issue. Because if I click on the updown button within 5 or 10 of the hour
change (for example 4:05 and decreasing to 3:xx, the hour changes. But if I
continue holding down the updown button and want the minutes go down to where
the hour should change to 2:xx, the hour doesn't change, and the minutes
value continues to loop.

"Nigel" wrote:

I wonder if you are re-triggering the change event when your function
changes the DTPicker values? Turn off the events before and turn them on
again after the update.

HTH

Nigel

.