Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA referencing disappears with 2007 upgrade

I migrated from Excel 2003 to 2007. In 2003, Workbook B contains VBA
programs. Workbook A references Workbook B. On opening WkBk A, it
automatically run macros in WkBk B.

On migrating to 2007, macros in WkBk B were not run automatically when WkBk
A was opened. On examining the Project panel, the referencing statement is
gone. I tried using Tools == Reference to add back the referencing and save
workbook. Exit everything. Open WkBk A again. Same problem, exactly as
described earlier. No referencing saved from previous run.

Have tried the following and all did not work:
1. saving Wkbk A and B as Excel 2007 workbooks
2. saving Wkbk A & B as Excel 2007 macro-enabled workbooks
3. start a new workbook C and simply referencing Wkbk A

Any fix?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is Workbook A saved as an XLSM or XLSX? I suspect if it's XLSX, it may not
work. You may need to add some code of some kind to Workbook A. I don't
know this for sure, but seem to remember seeing something like that.

Barb Reinhardt

"ianm0" wrote:

I migrated from Excel 2003 to 2007. In 2003, Workbook B contains VBA
programs. Workbook A references Workbook B. On opening WkBk A, it
automatically run macros in WkBk B.

On migrating to 2007, macros in WkBk B were not run automatically when WkBk
A was opened. On examining the Project panel, the referencing statement is
gone. I tried using Tools == Reference to add back the referencing and save
workbook. Exit everything. Open WkBk A again. Same problem, exactly as
described earlier. No referencing saved from previous run.

Have tried the following and all did not work:
1. saving Wkbk A and B as Excel 2007 workbooks
2. saving Wkbk A & B as Excel 2007 macro-enabled workbooks
3. start a new workbook C and simply referencing Wkbk A

Any fix?

Considering upgrade office 2000 to 2007 Kevryl Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 7 March 11th 10 08:31 AM
upgrade to 2007 excel RobcPettit[_2_] Excel Programming 4 April 30th 09 04:22 PM
Upgrade from 2002 to 2007 W Wolfe[_2_] Excel Worksheet Functions 4 May 6th 08 03:18 PM
Upgrade to 2007 PA New Users to Excel 17 June 6th 07 06:50 AM
To upgrade excel 2007 anil Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 May 2nd 07 02:34 PM