Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GC GC is offline

Default Controlling the number excel gives to charts

Hello,

When creating charts in workbooks, excel will assign a number to it. So if I
have 10 charts through out my project I should have charts numbered 1 thru
10. But if I delete a few and create a few more, the numbering will no
longer be sequential. When automating certain processes it becomes a little
difficult when charts have been numbered in this way.

example.

If I wanted to perform some operation on 4 of the 10 charts within a FOR
NEXT loop, it would be difficult if the charts were numbered 2,4,5 and10.

For Var = 1 to 4

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart "& Var).Activate

blah

blah

blah

Next

How does one deal with this dilemma? I have looked (seems like everywhere)
for a place where I can re-number the charts. Or are there other options?

Thanks,

Gerry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

GC;584045 Wrote:
[...]

For embedded charts (not on a chart sheet) the chart object is reached
with
activechart.parent.name="myNewName"
so set this as you will at some point when you first create the charts.

--
p45cal

*p45cal*
p45cal's Profile: 558
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=161673

Microsoft Office Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try...

Sub Macro1()
Dim objchart As ChartObject
For Each objchart In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects

'MsgBox objchart.Name
'Use a Select CAse statement or IF condition to filter the 4 charts

Next

Jacob

.