Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default If *Total* make row white

If *Total* in Column E, make row font white, Maybe this is what your after:

Sub FontColorForTotal()
Dim lastrow As Long, j As Long
On Error Resume Next
lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, 5).End(xlUp).Row
For j = lastrow To 1 Step -1
If LCase(Cells(j, 5).Value) Like LCase("*Total*") Then
Rows(j).Font.ColorIndex = 2 'white
Else
Rows(j).Font.ColorIndex = 1 'black
End If
Next
End Sub
HTH
--
Data Hog

"ryguy7272" wrote:

I grabbed this from another macro that I have:
Dim lastrow As Long, j As Long
lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, 5).End(xlUp).Row
For j = lastrow To 1 Step -1
If (Cells(j, 5).Value) Like "*Total*" Then
Rows(j).Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
End If
Next

Other macro worked great, but the way. I tried to white out each row, and
now it doesn't work. Been looking at all kinds of code for about 10 hours
now. My eyes need a rest. Can someone see the problem?

Thanks!
Ryan--

--
Ryan---