Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default action on open

I have a workbook with multiple worksheets. Upon open, can I force a
specific worksheet to be current? Typically which ever sheet was current
when last saved is the current sheet on open.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yep,

Press Alt + F11 to bring up the VB editor, find your workbook in the project
window and right click it then "View Code" - paste this in:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

worksheets("Whatever Sheet you want").activate

End Sub

Sam

"Greg Sottile" wrote:

I have a workbook with multiple worksheets. Upon open, can I force a
specific worksheet to be current? Typically which ever sheet was current
when last saved is the current sheet on open.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You did not say what version of Excel. This applies to XL 2003 (and down to
XL 1997)
1 Right click the green X Excel logo to the left of the File item on the
menu
2 Select View Code
3 Copy this subroutine into the module window
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Sheet3").Select
End Sub

4 Modify the middle line to suit your needs
5 You many need to reset you macro security for the subroutine to run when
you open the file
bet wishes
--
Bernard Liengme