Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Populate Combo Box with Access Table Data

Hello,

I have an acccess table that contains WellName, Date, Hours and Rate as well
as some other columns of information. I am trying to set up a combo box in
Excel that will allow me to select a WellName from the Access table, and then
populate 3 separate columns in the spreadsheet with the data from Date, Hours
and Rate.

Example:

WellName Date Hours Gas_Rate
100010205922W500 18/11/2009 0 0
100010205922W500 19/11/2009 2.48 2980
100010205922W500 20/11/2009 1.43 990
100010205922W500 24/11/2009 13.94 240
100010205922W500 22/11/2009 13.71 240
100010205922W500 15/11/2009 0.03 0
100010205922W500 23/11/2009 12.08 200
100010205922W500 12/11/2009 0.89 270
100010205922W500 16/11/2009 3.65 3600
100010205922W500 17/11/2009 0.19 50
100010206309W602 24/08/2009 0 0
100010206309W602 27/08/2009 24 9210
100010206309W602 23/08/2009 0.01 30
100010206309W602 15/08/2009 7.63 2750
100010206309W602 25/08/2009 17.36 14370
100010206309W602 26/08/2009 24 12110
100010206309W602 20/08/2009 0 0

That is what the data would look like in access. I would want to have a
combo box containing all of the different well names and then when the well
is selected populate columns F,G,H,I with the WellName, Date, Hours and Rate.
I have considered using the Data Get external Data option in Excel but
there are way over 65000 rows in access with information.

If anyone would mind helping me I would really appreciate it. I know its a
lot to ask but I have no idea how to pull data from an acccess table using
VBA.

Thanks a lot,

Al