Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Embedded Chart protection

Hello,

Using Excel 2007, is there a way to enable a user to be able to point and
select an embedded chart (for the purpose of identifying an specific point in
a chart) but to prevent the user to "accidentaly" delete the chart?
Today I'm able to protect the chart by enabling protection the worksheet
objects, but the user canĀ“t do anythig with the chart.
Any ideas are welcomed.

Regards,
OMER
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unfortunately I don't believe there's any way to do that. In Excel 2003 and
earlier it wasn't an issue, tooltips are shown even in a protected chart,
but not in Excel 2007. Looks like they'll be reinstated in Excel 2010.

Regards,
Peter T

"OMER" wrote in message
Hello,

Using Excel 2007, is there a way to enable a user to be able to point and
select an embedded chart (for the purpose of identifying an specific point
in
a chart) but to prevent the user to "accidentaly" delete the chart?
Today I'm able to protect the chart by enabling protection the worksheet
objects, but the user can“t do anythig with the chart.
Any ideas are welcomed.

Regards,
OMER