Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Compare two columns in a different worksheet

Good day everyone,

With the following code, you compare data between two columns in a
different worksheet, and the results are transferred to a third one.

Sub test()

Dim T(), A As Long
Dim Rg As Range, Rg1 As Range
With Worksheets("month")
Set Rg = .Range("B1:B" & .Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row)
End With

With Worksheets("Data received")
Set Rg1 = .Range("A1:A" & .Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row)
End With

For Each c In Rg

If Application.CountIf(Rg1, c) = 0 Then
ReDim Preserve T(A)
T(A) = c.Value
A = A + 1
End If
Next
Worksheets("Result").Range("A1").Resize(UBound(T) + 1) = _
Application.Transpose(T)

End Sub

However, I would like to have the entire row to show on the
destination sheet rather than the cell value only.

Anyone would know where I should modify the code ?

Thanks for your time

Denys
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Denys

This will do the job for you. Originally you were placing the
outcomeof Rg in Col A of the "Result" sheet. If you copy the entire
Column of the Cells which do not match, the outcome will appear in
Column b of the "Result" sheet. Not sure if this is what you want?

Take Care

Marcus

Sub test()

Dim T(), A As Long
Dim Rg As Range, Rg1 As Range
Dim lw as Long
lw = Sheets("Result").Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1
With Worksheets("month")
Set Rg = .Range("B1:B" & .Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row)
End With

With Worksheets("Data received")
Set Rg1 = .Range("A1:A" & .Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row)
End With

For Each c In Rg

If Application.CountIf(Rg1, c) = 0 Then
ReDim Preserve T(A)
'T(A) = c.Value
A = A + 1
c.EntireRow.Copy Sheets("Result").Range("A" & lw)
lw = lw + 1
End If
Next
'Worksheets("Result").Range("A1").Resize(UBound(T) + 1) = _
Application.Transpose(T)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Marcus,

Thank you very much....it's perfect !!!

Wow !!

Have a nice day

Denys
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You already have an answer, but for more general Excel comparison you might
be interested in my Excel utility "Workbook Compare". It was conceived as a
platform for regression testing, but can be used for virtually any Excel
comparison needs whatsoever.

Tim Zych
http://www.higherdata.com
Workbook Compare - Excel data comparison utility