Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default German VBA

Does VB code generated on a US version of excel run on a German
version of excel.? I am already aware that some function names are
different.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It will run if the country setting for the system is set to English(U.S.),
otherwise all the code will need to be translated to the German version.
There is no automatic translation facility in Excel.

"Fan924" wrote in message
Does VB code generated on a US version of excel run on a German
version of excel.? I am already aware that some function names are
different.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Nov 13, 4:06 pm, "JLGWhiz" wrote:
It will run if the country setting for the system is set to English(U.S.),
otherwise all the code will need to be translated to the German version.
There is no automatic translation facility in Excel.

Thanks. You saved me some time fooling with this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Fan924 -

The simple answer is "yes." John Walkenbach's book says "In general, you
need not be concerned with the language in which you write your VBA code."
So, generally, the VBA code will execute on non-English versions of Excel.
Of course, you need to translate text used in dialog boxes, etc.

- Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"Fan924" wrote in message
Does VB code generated on a US version of excel run on a German
version of excel.? I am already aware that some function names are
different.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Function calls will be translated automatically.
There are a few exceptions, like functons in Analysis Toolpak. Also, literal
constants (like format strings in TEXT() funcions) are not translated.
For more info, look at Ron de Bruin's page he

http://www.rondebruin.nl/international.htm

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Fan924" wrote in message
Does VB code generated on a US version of excel run on a German
version of excel.? I am already aware that some function names are
different.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As far as I'm aware there is no such thing as 'German VBA'.

Sure if you are using VBA to insert functions on a worksheet then
you'll probably need to translate them to the local language.

And you might need to use the seperators that that language uses.