Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Repost - Set print properties in programming?

Repost cause I got no bytes on this earlier. Using Excel 2003. Network
printer/copier with lots of users, so many use a printer inbox to store their
documents until they go to the printer. I haven't been able to figure out
how to program this using commands, and Sendkeys only gets me so far

1. Select Print / Properties. Set output method to Store, acknowledge
message if it is being changed, and select User Inbox 3 (which already has my
name).

2. At same time, set Print Style to 2-sided Printing.

3. Then select the OK button so you go back to the Print box.

I can do this stuff as a computer default for all documents I generate, but
I want to be able to attach this to a macro button on my Personal template
for all the documents I get from others, because those documents print with
their settings (especially, to their printer inbox), not mine. Putting a
macro on a button is not the problem - it is the programming of the macro to
do 1, 2 and 3 that is the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes I did try. I get lots of "with..." stuff but nothing that is related to
what I want to accomplish. I suspect this is printer-specific menu stuff
(Print Preferences or Page Setup Options) that just looks like it's part of
Excel. There are even hot keys, but not for everything.

Any more ideas?

"AZSteve" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I suspect it's a combination of not understanding what you're talking
about, and the printer settings being so specific to each printer that
without knowing what printer it is, nobody can offer any specifics.
But I'm inclined to agree with JLGWhiz and say that it isn't possible.

--JP