Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default shapes "linked" to cells?

could anybody possibly explain the following to me:

presume I insert a textbox to a worksheet the top/left corner of which
is "over" cell C7 for example
when I change the height of row 7 or width of column C the textbox
size "adjusts" to those changes

as if it was somehow "linked" to cell C7 - is it true? if so can
anyone explain this to me or send a link where I could read about it
(cause I never found any info on this)

I know that Shapes objects uses different coordinate system than
worksheet cells and Windows system windows

thks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Right click the shape (with your textbox rt-click on a border),
Properties...

Notice the three move/size options. From what you described your textbox is
set to "Move and size with cells"

Regards,
Peter T

"Jarek Kujawa" wrote in message
could anybody possibly explain the following to me:

presume I insert a textbox to a worksheet the top/left corner of which
is "over" cell C7 for example
when I change the height of row 7 or width of column C the textbox
size "adjusts" to those changes

as if it was somehow "linked" to cell C7 - is it true? if so can
anyone explain this to me or send a link where I could read about it
(cause I never found any info on this)

I know that Shapes objects uses different coordinate system than
worksheet cells and Windows system windows

thks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have known that option
thks for reminding though

thus this is the only answer to my question?

On 6 Lis, 10:44, "Peter T" <peter_t@discussions wrote:
Right click the shape (with your textbox rt-click on a border),
Properties...

Notice the three move/size options. From what you described your textbox is
set to "Move and size with cells"

Regards,
Peter T

"Jarek Kujawa" wrote in message

could anybody possibly explain the following to me:

presume I insert a textbox to a worksheet the top/left corner of which
is "over" cell C7 for example
when I change the height of row 7 or width of column C the textbox
size "adjusts" to those changes

as if it was somehow "linked" to cell C7 - is it true? if so can
anyone explain this to me or send a link where I could read about it
(cause I never found any info on this)

I know that Shapes objects uses different coordinate system than
worksheet cells and Windows system windows

thks in advance- Ukryj cytowany tekst -

- Poka¿ cytowany tekst -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The basic coordinate system for shapes is position (points from top left
corner) and size (width & height) in points. Shapes are indirectly linked to
cells inasmuch as they have TopLeftCell and BottomRightCell properties (as
range objects).

If a gridline on left or top border of the 'TopLeftCell' changes the shape's
position will change. If an intersecting gridline changes the shape will
resize, also bottom/right gridline if the shape's bottom or right border was
on the gridline originally, subject move & size option.

Not sure if that covers your question.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

it really does
thks a million Peter

On 6 Lis, 14:18, "Peter T" <peter_t@discussions wrote:
[...]

- Poka¿ cytowany tekst -- Ukryj cytowany tekst -

- Pokaż cytowany tekst -