Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Static Web Query

I am trying to research something. How can I make the stock symbols I have
entered into my spreadsheet retrieve static information without me doing
anything. I currently have a daily query that retrieves changes in stock info
so that I can filter out the stocks I like to trade, but it only updates the
stock price daily. In addition to this I would like to be able to use a
static web query for when stock prices reach my entry and exit points. It all
seems very complicated to me. Do I need to create my own web query file? Is
there a macro that I can set up to automatically do this? Or should I set up
a web query with refresh? I think at this point I am led to believe that a
static web query is the most efficient way of doing this? But then I need to
find out were on the web to get the quote information and how to make a
static web query? Am I loosing my mind? LOL
Can someone explain this clearly enough so that I can understand what to do?
Everything I have found online is for those who already know how to do it...
For each stock symbol in column P, I need it to retrieve a stock price in
column AB?
--
Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

"Static" Behavior without Static Defn Steve Drenker[_2_] Excel Programming 1 March 2nd 06 01:33 AM
Static Header Row Andrew Chalk Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 7 January 4th 06 03:11 AM
Static Row DY New Users to Excel 5 September 9th 05 12:36 AM
How can I keep top row in Excel static? Kerouac Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 June 20th 05 08:20 PM