Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Lotus noter email alert

Hi,

Can we build a tool which pops up and alert on receiving an email in lotus
notes.
Please help with some code or links.

Thx

Boss

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm pretty sure you can do that in Lotus Notes -

File/Preferences/User Preferences to bring up the options and then in Mail
tick "Check for new mail every X minutes" and then tick "Show a pop up"

If, for some reason, you don't want that but do want to build an alert into
excel (an odd place to buiold it, if you don't mind me saying) you need to
add a reference to "Lotus Domino Objects"- that will give you all the ususal
LotusScript commands you can use in Domino designer, eg dim s as notessession
etc.

Sam

"Boss" wrote:

Hi,

Can we build a tool which pops up and alert on receiving an email in lotus
notes.
Please help with some code or links.

Thx

Boss

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks a lot for your reply Sam...

I would never mind you saying excel is odd place to build the popup
(Actually it is)... But i need to constantly track group mailbox and track
each and every mail which was received and replied too.

Using excel or access i need to create a database with the details of all
the incoming and outgoing emails.

Could you please explain more on how can i use domino designer commands in
excel.

Thx!
Boss

"Boss" wrote:

Hi,

Can we build a tool which pops up and alert on receiving an email in lotus
notes.
Please help with some code or links.

Thx

Boss

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't know much about lotusscript other than how to initialize a notes
session, sorry!

You'll be better of in a LotusScript forum - but what you're trying to do
isn't going to be easy, especially outside of the notes environment.

Sam

"Boss" wrote:

Hi,

Can we build a tool which pops up and alert on receiving an email in lotus
notes.
Please help with some code or links.

Thx

Boss

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Have a look at the following - these are agents running in Lotus Notes
rather than macros in VBA but the result is what you want:

http://tech.niques.info/projects/lot...-email-export/

Sam

"Boss" wrote:

Thanks Sam...