Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Display missing numbers from a sequence

I am importing invoice data from an accounting system to display all the
sales activity from the day.
We normally have invoices that are deleted thoughout the day. Is there a
formula that I could use that will display all the missing invoices in the
sequence?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What is the format of your invoice numbers? Are the invoice numbers sorted
increasing? What cell holds the first invoice number? Is the last invoice
number the last entry in that column? Where do you want this list of
missing invoice numbers placed? A formula will not do what you want, but
VBA (programming) will. Post back with this information and I'll write you
a macro. HTH Otto