Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Accessing Excel 2007 from Visual studio 2005 on Windows 7 machine

I am using the following connection string to access the data on excel 2007
on windows 7 machine with visual studio 2005
public static readonly string JetConnectionString =
"Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data
Source=..\\..\\..\\DataMiningUserinterface.xlsx;Ex tended Properties=" + "\""
+ "Excel 12.0;HDR=YES;" + "\"" + ";";
but it is giving me an error that "The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider
is not registered on the local machine." I installed the driver for Office
2007 components and it still gives me the same error. Please let me know how
I can register these components and read the data from excel.