Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Windows7 Default path problem

Hi All,
I have just loaded Windows 7 and my workbooks that look for other files in
Documents have now stopped working. I have Documents on a different partition
and have changed the setting in the Windows Documents to look and make the
other Documents the default path, but it still doesnt work.
This is part of the code that did work:

sPath = Application.DefaultFilePath & "\Folder"
Workbooks.Open FileName:= _
"" & sPath & "\File.xls"

I cant change the code to show the actual path (E:Documents for example) as
other people use the same files on different machines.
Any ideas on how I can get around this so that documents is accessed on any
machine
Regards
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't have a solution, but wanted to thank you for the heads-up as I will
be loading Win7 this weekend.

"JohnUK" wrote:

Hi All,
I have just loaded Windows 7 and my workbooks that look for other files in
Documents have now stopped working. <snip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Lynda, If you get this message, I found the solution.
Go into Windows explorer, look for the Documents under Libaries on the
C:Drive and change the default path to the Drive you want it to look at
through the Properties tab.
Take care
John

"JohnUK" wrote:

Hi All,
I have just loaded Windows 7 and my workbooks that look for other files in
Documents have now stopped working. <snip

Get default add-in path RB Smissaert Excel Programming 2 September 30th 06 12:58 PM
how set default path? Ian Elliott Excel Programming 2 August 2nd 06 01:26 AM
Problem with default file path opi Excel Programming 6 March 29th 06 01:21 PM
Default path Maileen Excel Programming 1 September 29th 04 09:17 PM
Default Path for Add-Ins Hamilton R. Romano Excel Programming 2 July 28th 04 03:39 PM