Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calculating Textboxes

I need something that will find the Max value found in Textbox21, TextBox31,
Textbox41 then multiply that number by 24 then subtracted the Min value of
Textbox22, TextBox32, Textbox42 multiplied by 24.

Ant textbox that is blank should be ignored.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Something like his should work...

With WorksheetFunction
Answer = 24 * (.Max(Textbox21.Value, TextBox31.Value, Textbox41.Value) _
- .Min(Textbox22.Value, TextBox32.Value, Textbox42.Value))
End With

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"ordnance1" wrote in message
I need something that will find the Max value found in Textbox21,
TextBox31, Textbox41 then multiply that number by 24 then subtracted the
Min value of Textbox22, TextBox32, Textbox42 multiplied by 24.

Ant textbox that is blank should be ignored.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I should refine my question more.

I want this calculation to take place when I make a change to Textbox50 and
I want the resulting value to be placed in Textbox60

"ordnance1" wrote in message
I need something that will find the Max value found in Textbox21,
TextBox31, Textbox41 then multiply that number by 24 then subtracted the
Min value of Textbox22, TextBox32, Textbox42 multiplied by 24.

Ant textbox that is blank should be ignored.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Then, instead of a variable named Answer, you would assign the same thing I
showed to the Value property of Textbox60...

With WorksheetFunction
Textbox60.Value = 24 * (.Max(Textbox21.Value, TextBox31.Value, _
Textbox41.Value) - .Min(Textbox22.Value, _
TextBox32.Value, Textbox42.Value))
End With

and, as for this code, you would put it in the Change event for Textbox50
(this presumes you are either using an ActiveX TextBox on a worksheet or
your TextBox is located on a UserForm).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"ordnance1" wrote in message
I need something that will find the Max value found in Textbox21,
TextBox31, Textbox41 then multiply that number by 24 then subtracted the
Min value of Textbox22, TextBox32, Textbox42 multiplied by 24.

Ant textbox that is blank should be ignored.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I get the following error msg:

Unable to get the Max property of the WorksheetFunction Class

All textboxes are located on the same UserForm.

_

"ordnance1" wrote in message
I need something that will find the Max value found in Textbox21,
TextBox31, Textbox41 then multiply that number by 24 then subtracted the
Min value of Textbox22, TextBox32, Textbox42 multiplied by 24.

Ant textbox that is blank should be ignored.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The code was tested before I posted it and it worked for me. Perhaps you
have a Reference screwed up. Go into the VB editor and click
Tools/References on the menu bar... if any are marked as Missing (or perhaps
some other indicator of an error), then put a check mark in that item's
checkbox and then click OK.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"ordnance1" wrote in message
I need something that will find the Max value found in Textbox21,
TextBox31, Textbox41 then multiply that number by 24 then subtracted
the Min value of Textbox22, TextBox32, Textbox42 multiplied by 24.

Ant textbox that is blank should be ignored.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not sure what the problem was, but I placed the code at the top of the
change event an now all is well.

Just wondering, is there any way in the .Min(Textbox22.Value,
TextBox32.Value, Textbox42.Value) portion, to exclude TextBoxes that are
blank (zero value)?