Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to enable "Links" when copy a worksheet (with buttons on it) to anew book

Hoi,

I'd created a simple worksheet in Excell with two buttons one it which
are related to a VBA code archived in the VBA screen of the worksheet.

I made a copy of my worksheet (select worksheet tab - right mouse
button - option Move/Copy - Create copy to new workbook).

Now I see that my copied file has links (menubar - Edit - Links) to
my orinal file. This has to do with the buttons on it. When I delete
the buttons in the original file and then I made a copy, no links in
the copied file exist.

How can I make a copy of a file, with still the buttons on it, but
without a link to the original one.

Perhaps a new button with a VBA code that copies the file and links
directly the buttons to the new file name ??

or...... is there another solution to skip this problem ?

regards,
Johan