Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Evaluate Dates then fill in slots for scheduling

The purpose of the code I am searching for is based on scheduling.
Specifically, I need to identify which time slots are available to schedule
work. I would like for the used slots to populate automatically so while I am
on a phone call I can quickly offer a customer an available slot. I have a
multiple row spreadsheet whereby I enter whether work is scheduled, then a
date followed by identifying whether it's AM or PM. Any direction would be
greatly appreciated. I have no VBA code written yet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is all the work for the same amount of time. Are some scheduled tasks
15 minutes and others 2 hours?

The best method is two use more tha one sheet. One summary sheet and
another to actually keep the time slots. I would make a wroksheet with
all the time slots like this

1/1/10 9:00 AM
1/1/10 9:15 AM
1/1/10 9:30 AM

1/1/10 4:30 PM
1/1/10 4:45 PM
1/1/10 5:00 PM
1/2/10 9:00 AM
1/2/10 9:30 AM

Then in the adjacent column put the name of the appointment to indicate
that the slot has been taken. You can make also make a calendar like
spreadsheet to summarize the data but the actuall appointments slots are
on the sheet above. If you need a 2 hour slot the macro can look for
that period of time that is available.

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=229

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have a look at this site.
there is a template you can download for free which may help you.

http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelTemplat...-template.html
--
jb