Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Locking cells

I have a worksheet and i want to lock a range of cells but allow users to
edit others? How do i do this?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

By default all cells are locked but this doesn't become active until you
protect the sheet.

Select the cells you want editable and then Format cells - protection tab -
uncheck 'LOCKED'.

Now protect the sheet and your done.

Mike

"Neil Holden" wrote:

I have a worksheet and i want to lock a range of cells but allow users to
edit others? How do i do this?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try the below macro

Sub Macro()
Dim rngTemp As Range
Set rngTemp = Range("A1:J10")
Cells.Locked = False
rngTemp.Locked = True
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="password"
End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria