Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I copy Chart shee to other workbook without external refere

Hola,
I need to be able to copy a Chart sheet created in one workbook to another
workbook but without external references to the original workbook. I do this
within a macro and it always references the original workbook, and I don't
want this, I just want the Chart copied (it can be to another Chart sheet or
to a new worksheet) to the new workbook.

Is this possible?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
OMER
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can not copy just the chart, you also need to copy the data source, in
order to avoid leaving the source workbook reference.
Also, remember that chart as objects have names so you must account for this
as a variable.

--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button on the bottom
right of this window.

Michael Arch.

"OMER" wrote:

Hola,
I need to be able to copy a Chart sheet created in one workbook to another
workbook but without external references to the original workbook. I do this
within a macro and it always references the original workbook, and I don't
want this, I just want the Chart copied (it can be to another Chart sheet or
to a new worksheet) to the new workbook.

Is this possible?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
OMER

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I copy Chart shee to other workbook without external re

Thank You Michael for your response.
If this was a embedded chart that wouyld be easy, copy the range and then
then chart.
Since this is a Chart sheet, if I copy the Chart it holds the reference to
the original workbook source, so copying the source data doesn't really helps.
Maybe if I copy the source data to the new workbook and then generate the
Chart it would work. I was trying to avoid doing this.

Any other thoughts?