Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Selecting Latest Invoice from a Group of Invoices

I have a list of part numbers in one list and a list of part sales invoices
in another. Need to select, for each part number, the latest invoice. How
can I do that?

Thanks very much.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you had a list of invoices in Column A and corresponding part numbers in
column B, and you also had an example part number in C1, the following
formula in D1 would give you what you want:

=MAX(IF($B$1:$B$100=C1,$A1:$A100,0))

But make sure you enter it using Ctrl + Shift + Enter as it's an array
formula.

This also assumes your invoices are numbered sequentially.

Sam